Next course of action

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Next course of action

My son was charged with breach of peace, after an alledged incident with 3 of his friends, he is 14. I feel as though they may try to make an example of him. 2 of his friends were beaten by the cops and the 13 year old was tasered twice. My question is what is the likely hood that the my son can beat the case. He said he didn’t throw any rocks. And is there anything the parents of the two boys that went to the hospital can do? There children are being held without bail.

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Criminal Law, Connecticut


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

Your next course of action is to find an attorney to represent your son immediately.  The other parents should also get an attorney as well.  In Connecticut, breach of peace is as follows:

§ 53a-181. Breach of the peace: Class B misdemeanor.

a) A person is guilty of breach of the peace when, with intent to cause inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:


(1) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior in a public place; or

(2) assaults or strikes another; or

(3) threatens to commit any crime against another person or his property; or

(4) publicly exhibits, distributes, posts up or advertises any offensive, indecent or abusive matter concerning any person; or

(5) in a public place, uses abusive or obscene language or makes an obscene gesture; or

(6) creates a public and hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which he is not licensed or privileged to do.

(b) Breach of the peace is a class B misdemeanor.


Look here at for help.  There may be civila charges as well as criminal proceedings that can be brought on the children's behalf but only an attorney with all the facts can let you know. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption