need unemployment lawer

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 6, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

need unemployment lawer

How can I be denied unemployment when they did not show up for the 3 way conference call and they had only my statement to turn in because my former employer could not be reached.? They said I was denied because of wilful misconduct at work, but they never were on the phone with me and the state lady!

Asked on July 6, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Iowa


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You have grounds for an appeal since you need to find out what the state based their decision on if it had no statements or testimony from your former employer.

You do need a lawyer to gather all your evidence supporting your statement, as well as finding out what evidence, if any, the state used to make its determination. You also need to find out if someone else (other than your former employer) at your former place of employment provided any statements or employment records to the state.

A lawyer will also represent you at your appeals hearing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption