What to do if I broke a tooth on pulled pork that I ate at a company barbeque?

UPDATED: Apr 3, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 3, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I broke a tooth on pulled pork that I ate at a company barbeque?

My work had barbeque catered in for a training session; It was pulled pork,. When I was eating my sandwich I bit into a bone and broke my tooth. Is the caterer responsible since they processed the meat? I called them and the manager said he would have to speak to the owner and call me back. He said that they use boneless pork butt. That was a week ago and no call back yet. I have the bone.

Asked on April 3, 2014 under Personal Injury, Missouri


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the pork was supposed to be boneless, if the caterer buys it that way, it may be the caterer's supplier who is utimately responsible.  Try to settle this with the caterer for the cost of your dental restoration and a little something for your pain and suffering.  If the caterer wants to, he can sue the supplier to indemnify him as to whatever he paid you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption