Can my wife be in trouble if she recorded her supervisor and co-worker with a cell phone in her purse?

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 6, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can my wife be in trouble if she recorded her supervisor and co-worker with a cell phone in her purse?

You can hear her supervisor telling my wife’s coworker to open my wife’s paycheck envelope and see how much my wife makes. My wife went to her supervisors boss yesterday with this and was supposed to meet with her and her boss today and now they are saying they will talk with her tomorrow after speaking with a lawyer. I am afraid that my wife may be in trouble legally and I am not sure what our next step should be.

Asked on January 6, 2015 under Personal Injury, Pennsylvania


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I would speak with a lawyer on a consultation basis.  Pennsylvania is what is called a "two party consent" state meaning that all parties to the conversation must give their consent to record a conversation.  Now, she ca n prove the issue she wishes if her co-worker would testify as to the actions of her boss.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption