What will happen if my wife left the scene of an accident with another driver but returned within 15 minutes?

UPDATED: Apr 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What will happen if my wife left the scene of an accident with another driver but returned within 15 minutes?

She gave the excuse that she went to a nearby parking lot to calm our children down (5 and 1 years old). She actually was scared and I had to convince her over the phone to go back. She received a 12 point ticket for leaving the scene of an accident. She also received a 4 point speeding ticket 3 days earlier which can be mailed in for a 2 point reduction. She’s likely to get her license taken away unless the 12 point ticket is reduced to 9. How likely is it for this to happen?

Asked on April 9, 2012 under Accident Law, Colorado


James P. Peters, Esq. / James P. Peters, Law Office of

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

The point deduction is legitimate on its face. However, with the proper intervention of an attorney at a hearing,  it may be possible to reduce the number of he points under the circumstances.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption