What can I do if my wedding photographer has not returned our wedding pictures and he won’t return our calls or emails?

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if my wedding photographer has not returned our wedding pictures and he won’t return our calls or emails?

We hired a photographer for our wedding and engagement pictures and we haven’t received either, the time allotted in our contract has expired we have tried to contact him at not avail we paid over $3000 for this pictures and we want to have them. What’s the best course of action?

Asked on July 3, 2012 under Business Law, Maryland


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the photographer for breach of contract.  Your damages (the amount of compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) would be the contract price.

Damages (monetary compensation) may be an inadequate remedy because you want to receive your wedding and engagement photos.  When damages are an inadequate remedy, you can pursue an equitable remedy for breach of contract such as specific performance.  Specific performance means the court would order the photographer to provide you with your wedding and engagement photos.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption