What to do if my 2 older sisters brought false charges against me?

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 8, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my 2 older sisters brought false charges against me?

They filed warrants for my arrest; 20 minutes later I was locked up with no proof of anything. The police got me out my bed and didn’t read me my rights; they just locked me up. I have no criminal record at all but I spent 13 hours in jail. I got bonded out before I got booked. Now I’ve failed my first pre-trial drug screen and my PO is going to violate me.

Asked on August 8, 2013 under Criminal Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Given the difficult situation you have written about and seemingly gotten yourself in, I suggest that you immediately consult with a competent criminal defense attorney in your community as to what you legal options are. If you do not know of one, I suggest that you look on attorneypages.com for one.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption