My swear in ceremony date is way pass due, what can I do?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My swear in ceremony date is way pass due, what can I do?

It’s been 6 months since I was approved for my citizenship, no swear in date immigration says mycase is currently in the review process and cannot provide me with a date for yhe ceremony, the advice if am not satisfied with their answer which am not its the same answer I have been hearing for the last 2 months could make an appointment through infopass to speak with an immigration officer my question is what different answers could he get me I dont want to waste my time and days pay.

Asked on September 19, 2017 under Immigration Law, New York


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Yes, you should make an INFOPASS appointment with your local USCIS office to inquire about the status of your case.  It is true that sometimes, there is a significant wait between the interview and the swearing in ceremony, as the various security checks are performed, etc. but you should inquire about the specifics of your case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption