What to do if my soon-to-be ex-wife refuses to let me see my kids?

UPDATED: Sep 25, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my soon-to-be ex-wife refuses to let me see my kids?

She goes on these spirts where she will let me see them and then she changes her mind and won’t let me see them or even talk to them. What can I do?

Asked on September 25, 2012 under Family Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are concerned that your soon to be former spouse will not allow you visitiation with your children you need to get a custody agreement and order filed in the local county court house with respect to the presumed filed dissolution action you have pending.

If your soon to be former spouse refuses to sign such an agreement, then you need to consult with a family law attorney about the possibility of filing a petition with the court for an order allowing you visitation and custody with respect to your children.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption