What do we do if my son who is 18 was assaulted at his school?

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 26, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What do we do if my son who is 18 was assaulted at his school?

The assailant who is 17, was arrested for feloniuos assault. My son’s jaw was fractured which required 2 surgeries and he has had 2 surgeries to repair mandible; our medical bills are already over $25,000.

Asked on March 26, 2012 under Personal Injury, Ohio


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If your insurance does not cover the medical cost, or not enough to cover, or for pain and suffering, you should consider suing the assailant for torts of battery and assault. The school may be negligent as well if the incident happened before and the school did not try to prevent.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption