What to do if my son was arrested in another state for a 1st offense DUI?

UPDATED: Dec 26, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 26, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my son was arrested in another state for a 1st offense DUI?

He does not reside in that state. We tried to figure out the bail but because he is not a resident we would have to come up with the full amount. This was 4 days ago and he is still in jail. We have tried some bondsman and they cant help. What else can we do? I am limited on what I can do being so far away.

Asked on December 26, 2013 under Criminal Law, Wisconsin


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You would be wise to retain counsel.  Much more would have to be known about the case to advise you.  Only after a full review of the facts and evidence can effective defenses be developed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption