If my son tried to cook a pizza and almost started a fire, what canI do if my landlord now wants me to move??

UPDATED: Oct 10, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my son tried to cook a pizza and almost started a fire, what canI do if my landlord now wants me to move??

Asked on October 10, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Minnesota


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Whether or not your landlord wants you to move because your son almost started a fire is completely different than a notice of eviction or a notice to pay rent or quit. If you have received neither of these two (2) notices, then the landlord's desire is simply a desire for you to move and nothing more.

In order for you to have to move, the landlord has to have a legal basis to terminate your lease. From what you have written, there does not appear to be a present basis for this.

I suggest that you have a face to face talk with your landlord and advise him or her that your son will not turn on any kitchen appliances in the future.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption