If my son is in the ARD program for an underage DUI, if we live in another state can they transfer the ARD program here?

UPDATED: Mar 28, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 28, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my son is in the ARD program for an underage DUI, if we live in another state can they transfer the ARD program here?

If so, who do you get in touch with to do so?

Asked on March 28, 2013 under Criminal Law, Texas


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I assume that being on the ARD program means that your son is on probation. That being the case, your son would have to either speak to his probation officer, if one was assigned. If not, he would have to make application (i.e. petition) the court in which he was sentenced and request a transfer. While these transfers are not automatic, he may stand a good chance since you (his family) lives in the state that he wants to relocate to (if he doesn't live there already). However, your state would also have to agree to the transfer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption