What to do if my gradndaughter’s stepfather has endangered her well being?

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 4, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my gradndaughter’s stepfather has endangered her well being?

My son has sole custody of his daughter. She was with her mother and stepdad last weekend. When she came home, she told her dad the her stepfather got mad at her mom and punched the windshield and cracked it. He also broke the rearview mirror. Then he was driving on the wrong side of the road until a car came and then on the wrong side again. Who can we talk to about this incident so that it is documented? Is this considered child abuse or endangerment? We would like to stop visitations as we feel she is not in a secure envirnoment.

Asked on September 4, 2012 under Family Law, Connecticut


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you first make a police report about the incident that you have written about involving the daughter (granddaughter) where the stepfather got violent so as to document the situation. Your son should also speak with the "ex" about the situation as well as a family law attorney where a restraining order as to the stepdad might be necessary.

Yes, what you have written about is child endangerment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption