My son has been working for a retail company is Arizona for six weeks and has not been paid.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My son has been working for a retail company is Arizona for six weeks and has not been paid.

The company has multiple locations in AZ. My son keeps getting promises, ‘this
Friday’ or ‘next Tuesday’ but it never comes. He is just out of high school and
loves his job. They say that he is doing a great job. What are his legal rights
to demand payment?

Asked on March 3, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If your son has not been paid his regular wages on his company's scheduled payday, then he has several options. He can sue for thses wages in small claims court, he can file a wage claim with your state's department or labor and/or he can consult with a local employment law attorney (although this last option may be be worth it, depending on st what your son is owed).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption