If my 33 year old son got a 16 year old girl pregnant, is he looking at jail time?

UPDATED: Nov 9, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 9, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my 33 year old son got a 16 year old girl pregnant, is he looking at jail time?

No alcohol or drugs were involved and he has been supporting the mother through out her pregnancy.

Asked on November 9, 2015 under Criminal Law, Pennsylvania


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The age of consent is PA is 16. This means that the girl in queston was legally able to consent to having sex with your son. Therefore, he cannot be charged with statutory rape. However, when an alleged victim is 16 or older but less than 18 years odl, and the alleged offender is over the age of 18, the state may charge the offense of corruption of minors or unlawful contact with a minor, even if the activity was consensual.
At this point, your son should consult directly with a criminal law attorney in his area for further information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption