My scooter was wrecked I would like it repared or paid for

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My scooter was wrecked I would like it repared or paid for

I’m Scott and I own scooter. I brought my scooter to a consignment shop to be

sold. The consignment shop is owned by John. John rode my scooter to the

neighboring gas station to fill the tank with gas. When John was riding away

from the pumps my scooter was hit by a vehicle pulling in to the station. My

scooter is in shambles. John has been receiving medical treatment for his

injuries and these are being paid for by the insurance company that insured the

vehicle that hit John while he was riding my scooter. It has been several weeks

now and I would like to know what are my options to have my scooter paid for or

paid to be repaired.

Asked on September 2, 2016 under Accident Law, Georgia


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You can file a property damage claim with the at-fault party's insurance carrier for the cost of repairs or loss of your scooter.
If the case is not settled with the at-fault party's insurance carrier, you can sue the at-fault party for negligence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption