If my PO put in for early discharge for me to get off felony probation, do I have to have a lawyer or can I go by myself?

UPDATED: Apr 20, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 20, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my PO put in for early discharge for me to get off felony probation, do I have to have a lawyer or can I go by myself?

I’ve completed 4/5 perfect probation, passed all my ua’s and did everything else that I need to do. I also did a perfect rider. My charges were 2 delivery of controlled substances.

Asked on April 20, 2015 under Criminal Law, Idaho


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

If your probation officer is already doing the discharge for you, you may not need an attorney.  Usually, if you are this far along, an attorney is not necessary.  However, it doesn't hurt to take what paperwork you do have to a criminal attorney to see if they have any suggestions that could help reinforce the acceptance of the discharge with the particular judge that will decide your case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption