If my parents are watching my children right now until I get back on my feet, when that day comes can they keep my children from me?

UPDATED: Jan 28, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 28, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my parents are watching my children right now until I get back on my feet, when that day comes can they keep my children from me?

They have put all these speculations on me to live up to before they said they would let me have my children back. I don’t want to have to meet all their speculations, I just want to get them back on my terms. I know they will say no you can’t have them back the day I want to get them, what do I need so they can’t keep them from me?

Asked on January 28, 2013 under Family Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Unless you have signed some custodial agreement with your parents and there is no court order stating that your parents have custody of the minors then under the laws of all states in this country you can get your children whenever you demand them returned. I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney further about the matter you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption