Can I be made to move my added on laundry room?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Can I be made to move my added on laundry room?

My next door recently had a land survey done, the boundaries are apparently not where I thought them to be. Apparently, my added on laundry is over the line. Both mobile homes have been here many years, although we both have owned them for about 3 years.

Asked on August 29, 2016 under Real Estate Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

IF your laundry room is in fact on his property, then yes, he can require you to move it and to also pay to undo any damage or changes done to his property by either having the room or by the act of removal: you have no right to encroach on his propety or build on it. Now, you don't need to accept his survey as gospel: you can have your own survey done, and if your survey and his disagree and there is a conflict (e.g. if he asks you to move the room, and you don't want to), you have the right to take the matter to court and have a judge review the evidence and decide where the boundary lies. But at the end of it, if your room is on his property, he can require you to move it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption