What to do if my neighbor sent me a letter stating he would put a fence around my property if I didn’t stop hunting on my land?

UPDATED: Nov 15, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 15, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my neighbor sent me a letter stating he would put a fence around my property if I didn’t stop hunting on my land?

And this fence he stated would cut off my access through our shared driveway, and he said I would have to pay to have a new driveway made. He sent me a GIS map showing the boundry and it did cut off my access but he said the land marker was current, and the land marker is 8 feet east of where his GIS map showe, and if the boundry is where the marker is a fence would not cut off my access. Should I write him a letter back to him stating to look at where his marker is, or should I try to get a prescriptive easement, this driveway has been used for over 20 years. I have tried contacting my Township.

Asked on November 15, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Wisconsin


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that giving the seriousness of the matter that you are writing about that you consult with a real estate attorney to assist you in having contact with your neighbor. Given the seriousness of the issues concerning you and your property it is best that you have a real estate attorney assist you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption