What to do if my mother passed away 4 months ago but I have received no information on her Will?

UPDATED: Mar 8, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 8, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my mother passed away 4 months ago but I have received no information on her Will?

Her house was quit claim deeded to me along with my siblings 17 years ago. My brother is executor and we do not speak. Is there anything I can do about this matter? The attorney, who is a personal friend of my brother, has not returned my call.

Asked on March 8, 2013 under Estate Planning, Connecticut


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You need to call a Connecticut estate attorney about this.  I could tell you what to do in Florida, but I do not know Connecticut law.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption