If my mother passed away before her vaginal mesh lawsuit was completely settled, is there any way to find out information?

UPDATED: Feb 14, 2015

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 14, 2015Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my mother passed away before her vaginal mesh lawsuit was completely settled, is there any way to find out information?

I cannot find any information about the lawsuit. The only thing I know is she said that she signed a paper online to give the firm permission to make a settlement. It was filed in a state other than the one that she lived in and the law office was in a third state.

Asked on February 14, 2015 under Malpractice Law, Ohio


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.  If your Mother passed away during a lawsuit then some one has to be appointed in her place to represent her estate.  The attorneys should be doing that and you can be "it" if you should so choose. I would consult with an attorney near you about writing the lawyers that represent her in the suit a letter asap.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption