My husbands 1 year extension is about to expire and still no decision on his I-751. What should/can we do?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My husbands 1 year extension is about to expire and still no decision on his I-751. What should/can we do?

My husband and I filed to remove the conditions off his permanent residency on August 10, 2015. We then received not a decision but a year extension on his permanent residency. This year extension is going to expire on October 30, 2016, but we still have not received a decision or another extension. What should we do? What are our options?

Asked on October 20, 2016 under Immigration Law, Florida


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

In such situations, you are eligible to file for naturalization and oftentimes, the fact that that has been filed, speeds up the I-751 processing.  I would probably suggest doing that if the INFOPASS appointment does not yield any other useful information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption