What to do if my husband was granted a FRO but he has the history of domestic violence?

UPDATED: Jul 24, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 24, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband was granted a FRO but he has the history of domestic violence?

I was made to leave our home he has temporary custody of the children it is ridiculious. I have met with him numerous times and have even stayed in our marital home with him and the children. He has contacted me 100’s of times. what can I do without getting myself in trouble. He refuses to drop the restraining order claiming it gives him more leverage in a divorce.

Asked on July 24, 2013 under Criminal Law, New Jersey


James Maynard / Maynard Law Office, LLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You definitely have a complicated situation.  For this type of matter, you should speak with a family law attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption