What to do if my husband was falsely accused of viewing porn on the job and lost his job?

UPDATED: Jul 9, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 9, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband was falsely accused of viewing porn on the job and lost his job?

His boss claims he saw him through an office window 30 days prior to the termination. His accusations are false and there was nothing found on his computer. What are his legal rights? He was was 4 days from his 1 year anniversary date to include a raise. Also, he has never collected any of his vacation time.

Asked on July 9, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Unfortunately, if you husband did not have an employment contract, he was an employee at will. As the term implies, an employee at will may be fired at will--that is, at any time, for any reason, even reasons which turn out to be false or mistaken, and certainly for reasons which are unfair. If there is an employment contract, if it would help your husband, he could legally enforce its terms; but without a contract, from what you right, this appears to be legal.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption