Do I need an attorney regarding a home detention program?

UPDATED: Sep 5, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 5, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I need an attorney regarding a home detention program?

My husband is currently incarcerated and will be eligible in 4 months for a home detention program. I read that the victim will have a say in this. My husband was already denied parole on the basis the the commission felt he got a big break in his sentence. This was an embezzlement case. He is now classified as pre-release status. However, my concern is how much say does the victim have in preventing my husband from going on home detention program when he has no history of infractions, violence or any other problems? He’s also very remorseful and owes a lot of restitution. He has a job waiting for him where he can work from home.

Asked on September 5, 2012 under Criminal Law, Maryland


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that your husband consult with a criminal defense attorney as to his matter to make sure that there is no possibility that the vicitm can overturn the status quo as to his situation and make things worse as to a subsequent court hearing where the victim gives testimony.

If your husband has already been sentenced and is serving out his sentence then the victim should have no further say as to the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption