What to do if my husband died recently and most of our assets were held in an LLC?

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 4, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband died recently and most of our assets were held in an LLC?

Our only son will inherit 1/4 of his estate and I will nherit the rest. To bring my son into the LLC, will we need to make all new deeds? What else will be necessary?

Asked on April 4, 2013 under Estate Planning, Kentucky


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

From the sounds of your question, you have sufficient assets to acquire the assistance of good legal counsel, maybe the counsel who helped you establish the LLC or real estate counsel. You don't want to make a titling mistake in the deeds re your son. If the LLC was already in a trust also, then a good estate planning attorney can assist you. An ounce of prevention is a lot better than a pound of cure; your actions will have long term legal effects.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption