What to do if my husband and I were scammed into financing a $2000 pots and pans set?

UPDATED: Sep 8, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 8, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband and I were scammed into financing a $2000 pots and pans set?

They cookware does not work the way it is supposed to. We asked for them to change the date of our payments so the money would be in the bank for sure when the autopayment was to be taken out and they did not change it, resulting in high late payments. We are fed up with this and it is ruining both our lives and our credit. Is there anyway out of this contract?

Asked on September 8, 2012 under General Practice, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need to have an attorney review the contract to determine whether there is a way out or something you can do.  You may be able to return the cookware and get your money back.  It is impossible to say for sure without reviewing the contract.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption