What to do if my husband’s car insurance was canceled without notice?

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 11, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my husband’s car insurance was canceled without notice?

My husband and I have had insurance through the same company for several years. At one point he also got his own policy with the same company but was also still on my policy. At a later date I called my agent to combine the polices and they said that they would add his vehicle. In fact they canceled his policy but failed to add his vehicle to my policy. He had an accident and when I called they said no problem they would back date it and they charged me for the coverage. Now they are denying the claim. Is this bad faith and what should I do now?

Asked on April 11, 2013 under Insurance Law, West Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Given the insurance problem that you have written about and a possible insurance bad faith action, I suggest that you consult with an attorney that does insurance bad faith matters. You can look up some in your area via attorneypages.com and then discuss your matter with them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption