How to decide if we should sue my daughter’s oral surgeon?

UPDATED: Jul 14, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 14, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How to decide if we should sue my daughter’s oral surgeon?

She got her wisdom teeth out and the oral surgeon dislocated her jaw while doing it. Now she has TMJ because of it. For almost a year now she’s been in therapy and it still hasn’t gotten better; she’s still in exruciating pain. The surgeon was very mean and rude to my daughter; she told her to shut up and stop being a cry baby the entire time of the surgery. My husband and I are trying to decide if we should sue the surgeon.

Asked on July 14, 2012 under Malpractice Law, Connecticut


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Please go and speak with a medical malrpactice attorney in your area.  Look on this site for a referral.  The consultation should not cost you a dime and they will look in to the issue of malpractice and negligence.  Her mental anguish alone is enough to cause inquiry.  I think that you may have a case here.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption