My home is in foreclosure/sale status. Can my 2nd mortg. buy in short sale, and sell back to me?

UPDATED: May 21, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 21, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My home is in foreclosure/sale status. Can my 2nd mortg. buy in short sale, and sell back to me?

I owe 1st 134000, 2nd 34000, the 2nd wants to buy the first in short sale, and then be the 1st mortgee back to me. Can this be done?

Asked on May 21, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Arizona


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

I'm not an Arizona attorney, but it doesn't sound impossible.  However, I would not even think about getting into this without having an attorney's advice, both to make sure that the transaction is legal, and that you aren't being taken advantage of.

Sound legal advice has to be based on all the facts.  One place to find the lawyer you need, to work through the situation in the way that's in your best interest, is our website,

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption