What is our recourse if my grandmother was injured on transport to dialysis?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What is our recourse if my grandmother was injured on transport to dialysis?

My grandma was in transport on her way to her dialysis appointment and chairs

fell on top of her legs. They cut her up and she was admitted into the hospital. Can we do anything about this?

Asked on November 12, 2018 under Malpractice Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

IF the reason the chairs fell was due to someone's carelessness, your grandmother could sue for any medical costs (her out of pocket costs; not whatever insurance, etc. paid) she incurred as a result and, if she suffered some significant and long-lasting life impairment (typically months or longer), some amount for "pain and suffering." On the other hand if, as we hope, she is fundamentally ok and incurred little or nothing in the way of out of pocket costs, there is no point to going through the time, effort, and cost of a lawsuit.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption