How can I help him my grandfather get his green card?

UPDATED: Oct 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 21, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How can I help him my grandfather get his green card?

My grandfather, who currently lives in Iran, had an appointment with the American Embassy in Turkey 2 months ago. He applied for his green card to come to American and was denied because he used to live in Israel in his twenties. He is nearly 80 years old now. They told him that once that is cleared or rather once they learn that he is not legally bound to Israel. Can I contact a congressman or speak to an immigration lawyer about this issue?

Asked on October 21, 2012 under Immigration Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney as to the best way for you to get your grandfather to the United States where yo would possibly end up sponsoring him in this country. Such would be the best way to see if he possibly could come to this country or not. I doubt that your local congress person would be much help but such an inquiry is worth a try.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption