What to do if my fiance was incarcerated a week ago for a violation of parole?

UPDATED: Mar 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my fiance was incarcerated a week ago for a violation of parole?

He still has not heard or recieved notice of the impending violations or parole hearing. Is there a time limit that parole officers have to notify the incarcerated parolee of these?

Asked on March 21, 2013 under Criminal Law, New York


Arkady Bukh / Bukh Law Firm, P.C.

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

A week is a very short time, not to him probably, but overall.  The prosecution in a freshly charged case has 90 days to proceed.  You need to discuss this with his attorney who should be involved in the case at this point.  If he doesn't have an attorney, he should get one to defend against this violation.  They will probably give notice of the actual violation to his attorney and also his hearing date. You might also check with his parole officer. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption