My fiance has a court date.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My fiance has a court date.

About 2 years ago, my fiance got a DWI and he did everything he was supposed to but get his licences back because it is going to cost us nearly $2000 to get them reinstated. We absolutely cannot afford that. Well he got a driving under suspension in march and his court date is in July. We just moved to Tennessee to be closer to my family. We cannot afford to pay his ticket and we can’t afford to take a trip down there. We have a baby that we’re trying to take care of and support. Anyone know what we could do?

Asked on June 19, 2017 under Criminal Law, Louisiana


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Your fiance could try calling the court clerk to see if the hearing can be done by telephone instead of him being physically present in the courtroom.
If the hearing can be by telephone, documents must be filed in advance requesting a telephonic hearing. Ask the court clerk for the required documents and how far in advance of the hearing the documents must be filed.
If the documents requesting a telephonic hearing are not filed or are filed late, the request will be denied.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption