What steps should be taken if my fiance and 2 friends were assaulted by the security staff at a bar/nightclub?

UPDATED: Dec 3, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 3, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What steps should be taken if my fiance and 2 friends were assaulted by the security staff at a bar/nightclub?

The security staff had them handcuffed and were posing as police officers. They pepper sprayed them, beat them with the club, and kneed them all while they were handcuffed. We feel this was completely uncalled for. Are we able to sue the nightclub for something like this?

Asked on December 3, 2013 under Personal Injury, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Given the outrageous conduct that you have written about you and your friends should first file a police report against the nightclub and those that assaulted you. Adrerwards, you should consult with a personal injury attorney in the county where the assault and battery occurred. Competent personal inury attorneys that represent plaintiffs can fe found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption