my father owned a liquor store he passed a way in 2007 when his will was read he had left me and my brother out of the will but all the siblings

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my father owned a liquor store he passed a way in 2007 when his will was read he had left me and my brother out of the will but all the siblings

the business is listed as a corparation but has never had any corparant meeting and my sister holds 30 percent of the shares according to her and his heirs would ge the other 70 per cent althoungh my brother and i Who have taken care of the business and been invovle for the last 30 years are not listed in the will we handle all the day to day operation of the store and the liquor lincenses is held by my brother for the store what legal rights do we have we did not contest the will because we were told by our siblings that everything would be shared equally but it has not worked out that way

Asked on June 2, 2009 under Estate Planning, Wisconsin

Answers:

J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

If the Will has already been through probate and it seems you are not being treated as you feel necessary than the best thing for you to do is call a local attorney who specializes in this type of situation.

At this point the Will has already been reviewed and the assets divided making any contesting of the Will difficult if not impossible. I am not sure of the WI laws in this regard but your failure to originally contest may be viewed as your acceptance and any cause of action might have been waived but again I am unsure so call a local attorney

If the other family members have completley gone agains ttheir agreement that may be  an avenue you can pursue


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption