my employer is not giving breaks to employees, is paying cash to us to avoid paying o he overtime worked per week, also manipulates the income of the

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

my employer is not giving breaks to employees, is paying cash to us to avoid paying o he overtime worked per week, also manipulates the income of the

restaurant by deleting the transactions payed cash by customers therefore he steal the tax already payed. i resigned this past week do to the tremendous verbal abuse against me and the others, i was his partner for the first two years and now do not want to give me my percentage. he also store liquior on the attic, that is against the fire department rules he buys liquor for one restaurant and transfer it to the other, also we work in the two locations he has and they are different entities but we just get payed in one he transfered the hours. please let me know if I have a case to file. thanks.

Asked on June 21, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, California


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

We cannot tell you if you have a case to file -- we don't serve as your counsel and cannot render decisions simply based on your words.  If you think he is committing crimes and is also breaching his contracts, committing tax evasion, committing labor law violations and committing violations of the Alcohol Bureau, try the following:

1. to locate a business attorney to help sue on your behalf.  Check the lawyer's disciplinary record at under attorney search.

2. Contact the California Dept of Industrial Relations regarding the labor law violations:

3. Contact the IRS and Calfiornia Franchise Tax Board on tax issues: and

4. Further, try the California Attorney General for criminal investigation.

5. You may also wish to contact the California Alcohol Beverage Control for ABC violations:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption