If my employer has not paid me on time on3 occasions, is there anything I can do about this?

UPDATED: Aug 19, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 19, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my employer has not paid me on time on3 occasions, is there anything I can do about this?

In job description payday is every Friday. I have already spoken to them about this and it did no good.

Asked on August 19, 2011 Tennessee


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you have not been paid three times on pay day, what explanation if any does your employer have for not being able to pay you? Is your employer having cash flow problems with the business?

The only realistic explanation for you not being paid when due is a cash flow issue by the employer. If this is not the issue, you need to be paid when the established pay day comes around. You spent the time working and deserve to be compensated for your time.

You need to sit down with your employer and ask the reasons for not being timely paid for the work you do. If there is a cash flow problem, offer to work with him or her to assist if you can afford delayed pay and if you like your boss and place of work.

The best way to resolve the problem about late and no pay is to talk with your employer about it.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption