Is there a form we may obtain do that my sibling may fill out as executor so that the contingent executor may step in and perform the duties?

UPDATED: Apr 14, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 14, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Is there a form we may obtain do that my sibling may fill out as executor so that the contingent executor may step in and perform the duties?

We would send it certified mail to the estate lawyer. By way of background, my elderly relative’s lawyer was supposed to send paperwork to my sibling to sign so he/she could step down as the primary executor . We informed the lawyer approximately 2 months ago. The lawyer still has not sent the paper work to the sibling who wants to step down. We keep contacting the lawyer and asking the status of the paperwork but we are being brushed off/stalled. This is interfering with taxes, etc. as the elderly relative is unable to do taxes on own and sibling wants to step out of the role.

Asked on April 14, 2014 under Estate Planning, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with another Wills and trust attorney or the state bar regarding the attorney that is not responsive to your needs. There is no excude for what you have written about as to lack of communication. Better yet, have the contingency executor consult with is or her own attorney to get what needs to be done to get what you desire. Such an attorney in your community can be found on

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption