My disabled fiance fell in a hole by city curb

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My disabled fiance fell in a hole by city curb

My disabled fiance was walking his dog
and fell into a hole by the city’s
curb. It was not marked or anything. He
tore his MCL and may need surgery. Can
we sue the city for the ER visit? He
has MS and it’s difficult to walk as it
is, but doctors orders are to get
exercise despite his MS pain. Now he is
in even more pain.

Asked on September 20, 2018 under Personal Injury, Nebraska


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Prior to filing a lawsuit, it may be possible to settle the case with the city . Contact the City's claims department. Follow their procedures and don't miss any filing deadlines or the right to file a lawsuit will be lost.
Your fiance's claim should include the medical bills, pain and suffering, and wage loss, if applicable.
Compensation for the medical bills is straight reimbursement. Compensation for pain and suffering is an amount in addition to the medical bills determined by the medical reports. Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement. Compensation for all of these items is determined after your fiance completes his medical treatment and is released by the doctor or is declared by the doctor to be permanent and stationary, which means reaching a point in his medical treatment where no further improvement is anticipated.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption