If my daughter was arrested for evading police, should be retain an attorney?

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 20, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my daughter was arrested for evading police, should be retain an attorney?

She was charged with a Class D felony. The judge at arraignment insinuated that the charge may be dropped to a misdemeanor. We don’t know whether to get a lawyer or not? She was cooperative to the police officer and no one was injured and there was no property damage.

Asked on October 20, 2014 under Criminal Law, Kentucky


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Yes you need to hire an attorney as soon as you possibly can.  The lawyer can help to have the charges reduced and is really worth the peace of mind.  Often Judges understand that a kid makes a mistake and they do not want to brand them the rest of their life.  Being there to support her plus hiring counsel shows that you are involved in her life and it is good for you.  Also, in order to protect your daughter I would refrain from posting specifics on the internet in any way. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption