If my ex hacked my computer. legally what can I do?

UPDATED: Mar 6, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 6, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my ex hacked my computer. legally what can I do?

My ex put a keylogger on my computer and also hacked into my email account and changed my password. When I finally changed my password I found their IP address under the recent activity bar. When I took my computer into Best Buy Geek squad they definitely found a keylogger on my computer. I reported the IP address but what legal action can I take? Also, can my ex use the information that he saw on my computer by using the keylogger be used against me?

Asked on March 6, 2012 under Personal Injury, Texas


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You can report him on IC3 website. Also, try to report to your local police.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption