My claim adjuster is claiming she cannot find accident related medical billing to settle my claim?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My claim adjuster is claiming she cannot find accident related medical billing to settle my claim?

I am the process of settling my car accident and the claim adjuster is claiming there is no record of my medical injuries. I am wondering what should I do since I did see a doctor twice for whiplash and back pain?

Asked on August 22, 2018 under Accident Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Contract her supervisor, explain the situation, and ask for a new adjustor; be prepared to have to re-acquire and re-send these records; ask for additional compensation for any costs you incur in getting and sending the records again, since you should not have had to do so. If your claim is ultimately denied or you are offered less than you believe you are entitled to, including, for example, because they are not crediting all your medical costs and records, you can for the money you believe you are owed--in a car accident, you would sue the other driver (you sue the driver, not the insurer) and in court will have the chance to establish the extent/amount of your costs and injuries.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption