What to do if my child was pushed down in school by a child supposedly playing tag so hard that his front teeth came out?

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 29, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my child was pushed down in school by a child supposedly playing tag so hard that his front teeth came out?

Which were his permanent teeth.This child pushed my son down last year and school did nothing about this. My son needs extensive dental work and crowns.

Asked on September 29, 2013 under Personal Injury, Massachusetts


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You could try suing the school on the grounds of "negligent supervison"--that is, the school did not fulfill its duty to supervise the children properly to prevent this. The fact of an earlier incident, which would raise a concern vis-a-vis either the interaction of these two children, or about the other child's violent propensities generally, would work in your favor. You would also try suing the child's family, since if this child was reckless, or even intentionally hurt your child, they may be liable. You could potentially recover current and reasonably certain projected future medical/dental costs, which could be significant; it is likely worthwhile retaining an attorney to help you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption