If my child was injured in school when he fell off of a ball in a mime class because spotters did not catch him, what can we do?

UPDATED: Oct 23, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 23, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If my child was injured in school when he fell off of a ball in a mime class because spotters did not catch him, what can we do?

District personnel and liability insurance carrier claim sovereign immunity for school districts. What recourse do I have, especially for $ 16,000 medical bill; my son has not begun physical therapy, which will be an additional charge.

Asked on October 23, 2014 under Personal Injury, Arkansas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Please, please go and see a Persona Injury attorney as soon as you can. Unless your state has some strange law - that seems unconstitutional as you have written it here - you can absolutely sue a school for negligence.  But there are generally time constraints and filing requirements. Don't let them bully you. Call your local Bar Association and ask for a lawyer that has experience with suits against municipalities. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption