What to do if my car was towed and they say I owe $2500 in unpaid parking tickets before it can be returned to me?

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 11, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my car was towed and they say I owe $2500 in unpaid parking tickets before it can be returned to me?

Can I order the car to be returned to me as the administrator for that account (my name) absent any fees, including tow and storage, under common law?

Asked on March 11, 2013 under Accident Law, District of Columbia


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. In Minnesota you typically would have some good options to deal with this problem. I suggest you phone attorneys to seek a private legal consultation since you speak of 'common law' and obtaining an 'order'.  You should make at least a few phone calls so that you choose an attorney with whom you feel comfortable.  All the best.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption