My car was stolen and found but the insurance company is refusing to pay for damages that were due to car been stolen

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

My car was stolen and found but the insurance company is refusing to pay for damages that were due to car been stolen

my car was stolen and found the people that stole it were living in the car even doing drugs in it mariguana and a syringe was found they left the car dirty heavily soiled and broke a headrest thieves also got hold the keyless entry remote control the insurance is refusing to pay for a car detail the replacement of the locks and key less entry remote

Asked on April 5, 2016 under Insurance Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If you believe that under the terms of your policy, this is the sort of work or repairs, etc. which your insurer should pay for--and therefore that in not paying, they are violating the terms of the policy which is, after all, a contract--you can sue them for breach of contract. If you can convince a court they should pay under the policy, you can get a judgment (court order) requiring them to pay. If the amount at stake is less than the limit for your small claims court, a good option is to sue in small claims, acting as your own attorney ("pro se").

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption