What to do if my boyfriend and I were passengers in a vehicle involved in a hit and run?

UPDATED: Jun 23, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 23, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if my boyfriend and I were passengers in a vehicle involved in a hit and run?

We were unaware that the driver was going to flee the scene. We have talked to him and advised him to talk to the police because my boyfriend and I both have injuries that need tending too.

Asked on June 23, 2013 under Accident Law, Louisiana


Joyce Sweinberg / Joyce J. Sweinberg Associates PC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You can call the police yourself and report the accident. Some states require this if there is a claim for uninsured motorist coverage.   If it turns out that he has no insurance you may have to make a claim against your own policy.   Contact an attorney local to you and proceed from there.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption